Download Wine List
Get the latest offers
Newsletter Sign Up
Please leave your details below if you wish to opt-in to receiving email offers from Seckford Wines.

Champagne Vouette & Sorbee

“the world needs these wines, among the most exciting wines being made in Champagne”

Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media 

In the Aube region, 70 miles south of Epernay, Bertrand Gautherot is making some very fine Champagne. Recent focus on his wines of expressive terroir & individuality has now brought him to the world’s attention.

As well as fruit trees, vegetables, some cows & chickens, Gautherot meticulously tends 5 hectares of vineyard, which, as a pioneer of biodynamic practices, he ploughs by horse. In 2001, after his friends Anselme Selosse & Jerome Prevost convinced him to stop selling grapes to the local cooperative, he started to produce Champagnes under the Vouette & Sorbee label (named after his main vineyards).

All the wines are vinified in oak barrels with indigenous yeasts & minimal sulphur; then disgorged by hand and bottled without dosage. These are Champagnes with pure expression of place. Packed with richness & ripe flavours, perfection is quality not quantity; very little is produced here.

The Fidele cuvee is made from 100% Pinot Noir, grown in the Kimmeridgian limestone of the Cote des Bar – just under 40 miles north-east of Chablis - and displays a deep richness. 93% is from the most recent vintage, with the remaining 7% from a reserve that started in 2001. Typified by vibrant red & blue fruit, Gautherot describes this as ‘a dangerous wine, as it’s so easy to drink!’

The Blanc d’Argile is a densely knit & richly textured zero dosage blanc des blancs. Yields are kept low and the wines show a beguiling combination of salinity & flinty minerality with nut & stone-fruit qualities.

We’re delighted to offer you, for the first time from Seckford, these two wonderful wines. Our first allocation is on its way; so please order without delay.  

Click here to order

Blanc d’Argile (2016)

£310 per 6 IB

This comes from a low yield of Chardonnay produced from a massale selection from Anselme Selosse’s Avize Vineyard and a Dauvissat Chablis Grand Cru. Oak aged in 4-10yo 500/600ltr barrels, it is richer and more complex than many blanc des blancs but at the same time has a tightly wound acidity, like a great Chablis with bubbles. 

100% Chardonnay 

Fidele (2017)

£255 per 6 IB

The vines for this brilliant champagne are planted in the lieu-dit of Vouette, on a Kimmeridgian limestone slope facing south. It offers a rich gold colour, typical of low-yielding Pinot Noir and on the palate is vinous with a zesty, mineral vitality. Given a little time in the glass, and served ideally at 12 degrees c, it evolves constantly, revealing layer after layer of flavour. Zero dosage. 

100% Pinot Noir


Close X

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.